Need help editing articles? Start out with the new Introduction to Editing Articles Video.
Indiana University is an eight-campus university system in Indiana. The main campus is located in Bloomington, and is commonly referred to as "IUB", or sometimes, simply "IU". It is regarded as one of the most beautiful campuses in the United States. IU was founded on January 20th, 1820 as the Indiana Seminary School at the location now known as Seminary Square. It later became Indiana College, having its first president Andrew Wylie in 1829. In 1838 the school was rechartered as Indiana University.
The student body as of the spring of 2005 was around 36,000 students, of whom about 28,000 were undergraduates and 8,000 graduates. Non-Hoosiers make up about 40% of the student body.
- 1 Regional Campuses
- 2 Fraternities and Sororities
- 3 Student Organizations
- 4 University Organizations
- 5 IU Sports
- 6 Divisions
- 7 Degree Granting Schools
- 8 Events
- 9 Resources
- 10 People
- 11 External links
Indiana University maintains seven regional campuses around the state of Indiana. Campuses are located in:
- Indianapolis - Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI)
- Columbus - Indiana University Purdue University Columbus (IUPUC)
- South Bend - Indiana University South Bend (IUSB)
- Gary - Indiana University Northwest (IUN)
- Richmond - Indiana University East (IUE)
- Albany - Indiana University Southeast (IUSE)
- Ft. Wayne - Indiana Purdue University Ft. Wayne (IPFW)
Fraternities and Sororities
The Bloomington campus of Indiana University has more than 650 student organizations on its campus. There is something for everyone.
- Indiana University Press
- University Division
- University Information Technology Services
Degree Granting Schools
At the Bloomington Campus
Additionally, IU has several offerings of public art in the form of statuary, sculptures and murals. IU also unofficially offers some fine examples of graffiti art, however these are usually not university sanctioned displays.
Residence Halls and Family Residence Centers
Research Projects and Programs
Famous Faculty, Staff and Alumni