First National Bank
One of the first banks in Bloomington, the First National Bank demolished an existing building at the corner of Kirkwood Avenue and College Avenue where it had been located for many years and built a new bank in 1907. The bank had large plate windows on either side and had a mahogany interior. Along with desk and office space the bank boasted a large vault and safe.
In 1925, under President Nat U. Hill, the bank expanded into the next-door Lou-Ben store, with another vault. (Lou-Ben moved into the LouBen Building on north Walnut Street).