Need help editing articles? Start out with the new Introduction to Editing Articles Video.
Mark S. Krenz (born April 1, 1976) is originally from Warsaw, Indiana in the northern part of the state. Like many people, he came to Bloomington to attend Indiana University as a student in 1996. After working various other places for 16 years, he now he works as Cybersecurity Analyst at Indiana University and also owns an Internet business, Suso. He is a strong advocate of Open Source technologies like Linux. He married Marina Kim in 2001 and has a daughter Adela and a son Eric.
- Started and helps maintain Bloomingpedia (this website).
- Creator and host of the popular social media feed climagic
- Founder and IT Director of Suso Technology Services, Inc. (since 1997)
- Former leader of the Bloomington Linux Users Group. (2004-2007)
- Worked for Kiva Networking for 7 years as a system administrator (1997-2004).
- Worked at Crane Naval Base for a year as a programmer. (2004-2005)
- Worked for Cook Incorporated for 7 years as a system administrator (2005-2012)
- Led a protest against Indiana University over mealpoints. (1999)
- Ran an internet radio station called HIQ (1999-2000).
- On the board of directors of WFHB in 2006.
- Post produced Linen of Languages show on WFHB (2000)
- Created Philip Glass Library website (1996).
- Tried to start a computer recycling business called Hardware Recycler with Nate Johnson (2000)
- Participated in The Little 500 Biathlon in 1998 and 2001.
- Participated in the Navruz Festival various years between 2000 and 2004.
- Member of the national champion Warsaw High School marching percussion ensemble in 1993-1994.
- Marched with the Glassmen Drum & Bugle Corps in 1994.
- Member of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia. (Theta Pi chapter)
- Worked on a salmon fishing boat in Alaska in the summer of 1995.
- Attended Morehead State University from 1994 to 1996 years as a music education major.
- Performed as a Tuba Santa at a few different Tuba Christmas events.
- libvte scrollback written to disk (2012) - A paper on a severe design flaw in a library used by many command line terminal applications.
- SSH Tutorial for Linux (1999, 2006) - A tutorial on SSH that has been at the top of Google and other search engines when searching for "SSH Tutorial" for many years.
Mark has had the following phone numbers while living at different places in Bloomington.
- 876-9217 - December 2002 - October 2010 (4004 Mary Ellis Street, land line)
- 857-9458 - December 1997 - August 1999 (Eigenmann Hall room 1011, land line)
- 339-5942 - August 1996-August 1997 (1201 S. Park Ave., land line)