The bank was granted its charter in 1892 and officially opened in 1893. Hiram Wells was the founder. The initial capital stock investment was $25,000 - 250 shares of stock sold at $100 each financed the start-up.
The first location of the bank was on the north side of Walnut Street between Sixth Street and 7th Street. It soon moved to the northeast corner of Kirkwood Avenue and Walnut Street, where The Book Corner now is.
The nine presidents who have served over the past 100 years are: Hiram Wells (1892-1902); William Fulwider (1903-1924); Charles L. Rawles (1925-1927); Oscar H. Cravens (1928-1941); S.E. Alexander (1942-1958); Frank Southern (1959-1966); Earl Hudelson (1967-1974); Francis Hankins (1975-1982); and David Baer (1982-??).
- 210 East Kirkwood Avenue - Main
- 111 South Lincoln Street
- 4616 West Richland Plaza - Ellettsville
- 4191 West Third Street
- 1825 North Kinser Pike
- 306 East Kirkwood Avenue - Auto bank centre
- 2801 Buick-Cadillac Boulevard
- 2490 South Walnut Street
- Crosstown II ATM Center - 1789 East Tenth Street
- Buehler's Food Market - 4681 Richland Plaza
- Jordan Square ATM Center - 1400 East Third Street
- O'Malia's ATM - 512 College Mall Road
- Bloomington Hospital ATM - 601 W. Second St.
- Ivy Tech Community College ATM - 200 Daniels Way