Need help editing articles? Start out with the new Introduction to Editing Articles Video.

Louden Building

From Bloomingpedia

Two separate buildings went by the name of the Louden Building. In 1844 a building on south College Avenue was erected by Samuel Chitman. Later it was purchased by Isaac Kahn and then by William Emery who ran the only harness shop in the city for a time. Finally it was purchased by John Louden and torn down in 1912.

Around 1922 another building was erected, presumably on the same location, and was also known as the Louden Building. James H. Steinemtz ran a tailor shop there.