Need help editing articles? Start out with the new Introduction to Editing Articles Video.
Curry Buick was the original name of one of Bloomington's oldest extant businesses. It was founded in 1915 by William S. Curry, and was run in turn by his son Glenn B. Curry and grandson Richard S. Curry. By 1992 the business was known as Curry Buick-Cadillac-Pontiac-GMC Inc. and was located just south of College Mall.
Apparently, William Curry drove from Santa Anna, CA to Bloomington in a 1914 Buick Model C-37b pulling a trailer covered with advertising, which generated publicity for Buick and caused them to offer Curry a dealership.
Originally located in the old Seward Foundry building on the north side of the alley between Sixth Street and Seventh Street on North Walnut Street, but soon moved to the Curry Building at 214 W. Seventh Street.
In 1924 William Curry was elected sheriff and Glenn Curry ran the business for the next four years.
Richard Curry's son Cary Curry is also involved in the business.