Original Gentry Building
The Gentry Building stood at the southwest corner of Kirkwood and College. Henry Gentry hired Nichols & Son to design a major remodel in 1907, including a white vitrified brick facade. It and the Bradfute Building were badly damaged by fire on March 24, 1924. The eastern portion of the Gentry Building was removed, the property changed hands and the Citizens' Loan & Trust Building was built on the site.
The remaining portion of the Gentry Building was demolished in 1969 along with the Bradfute Building and the Citizens' Loan & Trust Building to make way for the First National Bank building, now occupied by Chase Bank.
This building is not to be confused with the Benkhart bakery addition that faces onto Gentry Place and has in modern times been dubbed the Gentry Building.