The Pullman Hotel was located on the corner of Morton Street and Kirkwood Avenue at 222 W. Kirkwood in the 1920's and 1930's. It was owned by Henry Gentry and managed by Henry Gentry, Jr.. Constructed in a European style, the hotel held about 40 rooms.
At some point, ownership of the hotel passed to Eberett May, and upon his death in 1933 the hotel passed to his son Ernest May.
Prior to the hotel, the building was used as the Dunn Grocery, where the senior Gentry had begun his working career, and even before then John Whisenand had operated a general store.
When the building was torn down, the east wall remained standing. Later, this wall was used to hang a large mural by the owners of the Smith Holden Music store.