Dr. J.G. McPheeters (1811 - ? ) was a prominent 19th Century doctor in Bloomington. Born in Kentucky to Charles and Martha (Glass) McPheeters, he graduated from Indiana University in 1834, and tried his hand at various professions before getting his M.D. from a Kentucky medical college. He returned to Bloomington in 1841 and set up a partnership with Dr. J.D. Maxwell, which lasted until 1850. He served in the Union Army from 1861 - 1864 as Surgeon of the Fourteenth Indiana Volunteers, returning once more to Bloomington after his discharge.