The Bloomington Geocachers group started in November 2008 to bring together geocaching enthusiasts to go on monthly geocaching hunts together. Members include community members, IU students and staff, high schoolers, and even people from outside of Monroe County. Everyone is welcome and you do not have to have a GPS to participate, as there will be plenty of others with GPS units. Geocaching outings are announced on their e-mail list. There is no formal membership.
Newcomers are welcome and owning a GPS unit is not necessary.
There is also a companion group at IU called the Geocaching Club at IU that does many events with the Bloomington Geocachers.
- Springing for Breakfast in Bloomington- Runcible Spoon February 6, 9am-10am
- Nightcaching Event - near the Bloomington Convention CenterFebruary 23, 2010
- Bloomington Geocachers Meet and Greet- Noodles & Company June 20, 2009
- Allens Creek Geoadventure- Allens Creek Trail, Lake Monroe July 18, 2009
- Welcome to Geocaching Event! - Sample Gates September 19, 2pm
- TRAILMIX 16 at Yellowood State Forest November 1, 2009, 1pm (GC1XDYW)
- IU GIS Day's Welcome to Geocaching Event!- Wells Library, on the Indiana University Bloomington Campus November 18, 10-3pm
- Nighttime GeoAdventures on IU Campus- Showalter Fountain, on the Indiana University Bloomington Campus November 22, 6:30pm
- Cache-mas in Bloomington End of the Year Bash at McAlister's Deli December 12, 12pm-2pm