Need help editing articles? Start out with the new Introduction to Editing Articles Video.
Bryan Park is a large park in south central Bloomington. It lends its name to the Bryan Park Neighborhood as well. It spans the area from Henderson Street to Woodlawn Avenue just south of Maxwell Lane. It has a large public swimming pool, playground, tennis courts, basketball goals, baseball field covered picnic areas and a small stream that runs through it. The stream is maintained in a 'natural' low-maintenance state, with native plants, wildflowers and weeds competing for the light and water.
<googlemap version="0.9" lat="39.154998" lon="-86.524791" zoom="17" width="450" height="325"> 42.669815, -73.254776 </googlemap>
- The Ryder Film Series shows some films here during the summer months.
- Tennis court lights are turned on from dusk until 10pm beginning mid-April and ending mid-October.
- Pickup softball and ultimate frisbee frequently occur.
- The pool has a regular activity schedule.
- The park is popular with dogs and dog owners for walks and illegal off-leash romps, as well as a dog party on the last summer days.