Vernal Baptist Church
The Vernal Regular Baptist Church was located about nine miles northwest of Bloomington; it was founded in 1817 and became extinct in 1910. A typed copy of the Minutes of the Church, 1817-1873, was made by Franklin College in 1930 and is in their library.
The first pastor may have been James Alexander Chambers
Ref. The Hoosier Genealogist