Need help editing articles? Start out with the new Introduction to Editing Articles Video.
The University Hospital was a large frame house just north of where Templeton Elementary is now. Opened in the 1890's, it was known as both the "Indiana University Hospital" and the "Bloomington Contagious Disease Hospital", but often it was simply known as the "Pest House". Dr. Charles Ganstine, the first person to die of influenza in Bloomington during the 1918-19 influenza epidemic, succumbed at the hospital.
The building was torn down in the mid-1950s.