Empire Stone Company
It owned 80 acres of stone land, with a railroad switch and a plant with the most modern quarrying machinery available at the time.
In 1904 a mill was added, and it probably continued operations into the 1980's. It then ceased stonework and became the Imperial Lumber Kiln, Inc.
The quarry produced both buff and blue Oolitic limestone free from flint, glass, seams and other similar defects thereby making it a favorite stone with the operators of stone saw mills and cut stone contractors.
<googlemap version="0.9" lat="39.087065" lon="-86.528189" zoom="16" width="400" height="300"> </googlemap>