Indiana Limestone Company Inc.
Indiana Limestone Company Inc. (ILCI) is one of the world's largest suppliers of limestone. Stone from an Indiana Limestone Co. quarry was used in the construction of the Empire State Building in 1931. It is currently owned by Johnson Ventures, Inc. of Columbus, IN.
ILCI is the owner of the notorious Rooftop Quarry.
Address and Phone Number
335 W. Dillman Road Bloomington, IN 47403-9407 (812) 824-4524
In 1926, ILCI was born when 24 smaller area limestone companies merged together. Its two largest quarries, Crown Quarry and the PM&B quarry in Lawrence County, helped supply stone for these various noteworthy projects:
- The Empire State Building in New York
- The National Cathedral in Washington, D.C.
- The Pentagon in Washington, D.C.
- Jacob's Field in Cleveland
- The Indiana Government Center in Indianapolis
- The Indiana War Memorial in Indianapolis
Werth, Brian: "Bedford's Indiana Limestone Co. sold", Herald Times, (16 January 2003)